Baby Bellies – Our Food Values
Our Baby Bellies range is for babies from 7+ months (Tasty Textures) and 10+ months (More to Explore). Our products in this range are perfect for tiny tastebuds at the early stages of a life-long food discovery journey. Babies’ palates are clean slates, so like you, we think it’s important that we help to start things off on the right track by not using strong flavours or unnecessary ingredients. Our products in this range are simple, subtle and introduce new texture experiences.
Our Food Values
Certified organic snacks that nurture young palates and help encourage safe self-feeding.
- No artificial colours, flavours or additives.
- No unnecessary sugar or salt.
- No pseudo-confectionery.
Just the right tastes, textures and portions to support your child at every stage in their development & progression.
SUBTLE FLAVORS FOR MINI MOUTHS
We understand that babies’ and toddlers’ palates are still developing and are not yet ready for intense flavours.
We simply use dried organic fruit and vegetable powders to give a subtle hint of flavour perfect for little taste buds.
Sweet and savoury flavours: We are conscious to ensure we offer a broad range of flavours to include both sweet and savoury tastes to encourage variety and experience.
Our powders are made from organic fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices. That’s it – nothing else.
SAFE FOR BABIES AND TODDLERS
We aim to make the best possible foods for babies, toddlers and kids that are safe for young children to explore and experience new textures, shapes and flavours independently.
Our commitment is that all our organic ingredients, recipes and suppliers have been specially screened and selected to ensure they are appropriate and safe for growing little bellies.
Minimal ingredients: Every ingredient has a role. If it’s in there, it must be there for a reason, such as to provide flavour or function.
Wholesome ingredients: Our products are centred on plant-based ingredients such as organic wheat and corn flour, fruit and vegetable juices, dried fruit and vegetables and vegetable oils.
Our Baby Bellies Stance on Sugar and Salt
NO ADDED SUGAR
- By this we don’t just mean no added cane sugar, we also mean we don’t add other free (also known as ‘simple’) sugars such as rice syrup, honey, concentrated fruit juices and maltodextrin.
- Where flavour is required for our snack products, we simply use dried organic fruit powders which give a subtle hint of sweetness that the fruit provides.
- We also use organic spices like Cinnamon to complement fruit flavours.
- The fruit powder is made from whole organic fruits that have been dried and then powdered. That’s it – nothing else is added or taken away.
NO ADDED SALT
- You won’t find added salt in any of our Baby Bellies recipes. Babies have a delicate digestion system and too much salt from sources other than natural foods like veggies and fruits, breast milk and/or formula may have the potential to affect baby’s kidneys function.1,2,3,4
1. National Health and Medical Research Council (2013) Australian Dietary Guidelines. Canberra: www.nhmrc.gov.au/guidelines-
3. Nutrition Australia (2009) Salt And Hypertension: http://www.nutritionaustralia.org/national/frequently-asked-questions/salt-and-hypertension
4. WASH World Action on Salt and Health – Salt and Children. Queen Mary University of London: http://www.worldactiononsalt.com/salthealth/children/
DESIGNED TO HELP SUPPORT NATURAL DEVELOPMENT & PROGRESSION
We dedicate a lot of time and effort to considering the shapes and textures of our baby food products.
We make sure they can play a role in helping to support independent self-feeding and fine motor skill progression, such as pincer grasp and hand-eye coordination. The Bellies range allows progression throughout a variety of developmental milestones, introducing new and age-appropriate flavour experiences as each infant progresses into a new stage.
Our Baby Bellies Tasty Textures range for 7+ months introduces new texture experiences in large, soft shapes that little fingers can hold.
Our Baby Bellies More to Explore range for 10+ months offers smaller shapes and introduces new texture experiences to help promote independence.
Our Little Bellies Toddlers in Training for 12+ months brings more adventurous textures, shapes and flavours.